Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Being a tailor shop,customers sometimes bring in their clothes to be repaired,mended or altered.We'd do repair jobs on jeans,slacks and shirts too.

There's this regular customer at the shop.He comes to the shop every day or every other day to buy soft drinks and biscuits.He's a worker at the construction site at the school.Sometimes he'd ask us how much it is to tailor a shirt,a baju kurung and whatever it is that catches his fancy.He always ask,"berapa mau jahit?But he pronounce the jahit as 'rait'.Because we don't know who his real name is,my friend and I named him Rait.

Rait is a foreigner and one who you wouldn't want to encounter in a dark alley alone..with longish yellow hair (not dyed),filthy clothes and smelly.I'm not exaggerating,he really is like that..

One day Rait brought his work pants to the shop to be mended.Truth be told I had to hold my breath when he handed me the pants because it was smelly.It was also still damp,maybe he made an attempt to wash it but you just can't wash away the smell and filth at one washing without soaking it in concentrated detergent first!It was a ripped seam,about 5 inches in the groin area.

Normally I'd only charge RM2 for that kind of repair but I charged Rait RM5.When he said "sikit saja koyak",I told him that it is because I doubled-stitch it,using the electric sewing machine.In truth it's because of the smell that I charged him extra...

4 comments:

Verone said...

OMG! sounds horrifying...even your willingness to accept the job is an act of kindness actually :-)

TataJane said...

wahahahahah...! Think as business woman now- wash it, dry it and charge him rm 12, for the : Washing (put some softener on it), sewing. Ha ha ha ha..ewwww...can't imagine that smell!

CrysJoan said...

yucks! sa x siigit klu sa owh..

Gaby said...

mmmm.......eee.hahahha

Post a Comment