Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My first attempt at sewing a slack was hilarious.When my friend asked me whether I know how to operate a sewing machine I told her that I can.When she asked me if I can sew,I told her that I can,but I've never done any sewing besides curtains and table skirting before.So she said that it won't be too difficult,that she'll teach me.A customer had asked for a Punjabi style attire and she'd sew the blouse with all its trimmings and I'd do the slack,just a plain,elastic-waist slack.No pleats and no zipper so I thought how difficult can it be?

"A little curve here and a straight line sewing there",she told me before I started.She also had marked it with a tailor's chalk.I didn't know what I was thinking but after the curve,which was supposed to be the behind,I go on sewing in a straight line until it's finished and I did the same to the other side too.It was done in no time at all and I thought,well,it's not that difficult.

It was only after I took it off the sewing machine that I discovered to my dismay that I had it done like a skirt but with the bottom sticking out!OMG!Looking at it I couldn't help but laugh at my own handiwork.I had to start all over again and after the third attempt I finally had it done.

4 comments:

CrysJoan said...

hahahaha... punjabi skirt.. LOL

Gaby said...

pengumin setia blog d ko ei gurit..

CrysJoan said...

sia kan talampau free.. waka waka..

TataJane said...

kadis sebenarnya tu punjabi adalah utk ko!ahahhaha

Post a Comment